Sunday, November 13, 2011

Helpless

Yesterday, I worked during the morning, and then worked with my mentor Lisa in the afternoon. That evening I went to Kristin's to babysit her dog, also known as my god-dogger Sadie. To digress after a full day I was asked to go over with a group of my martial artists for an autumn bon fire. Sounds like a great idea! I picked up one of our Black Belt students, had Sadie with me, and we all had a fabulous couple of hours, telling stories, burning broken boards, eating s'more, and laughing.

When we left at 11:30pm, on the way to bringing my Black Belt home, we heard this weird noise. The car was shaking and I couldn't understand why. I puled over and when I opened my door, I couldn't believe how close the ground was to me! You guessed i: flat tire. As flat as a pancake! And the wheel itself as going against the pavement of the street. I could have done some serious damage if I continued to drive. We had no clue how this happened, but all I was concerned abot was how I was going to get her home, and how I was going to get back home with Sadie. By this time a police officer came up and put down a flare for us so people would go around. -____-

I called AAA, and they were going to take an hour and a half to get to us. Sadie is still in the back seat (thank God she is a good dog!), MY Black Belt and I tried getting in touch with her parents but were unsuccessful, I tried calling other Black Belts and friend who could drive and they were either all sleeping or not have their phones. It IS in the middle of the night of course. I couldn't think of anyone else I could call. Anxiety was slowly setting in. No solutions, no answers, other people's responses, the worse case scenarios playing in my head, I was unnecessarily freaking out. There was only one other person that came to mind, but his parents I know would not have let him leave his house. I was trapped.

I felt completely helpless. Feeling helpless was not a good feeling at all. I did not like the feeling of being helpless. I felt weak, I felt vulnerable, I felt pressure having responsibility of my student and my god-dogger with me, I flt nervous for my on ca (I did not have a spare tire), money issues began to formulate in my head, and it was getting close to 1:00 in the morning. Have you ever felt the feeling of being suffocated? That's how I felt.

I then chose to do something with no rhyme or reason. I wanted to use SPIRIT. I chose one of my Black Belts who I had a feeling was still awake, but normally would not see or read texts or answer phone calls this late. I put my hands against my temples, I visualized myself as a spirit and saw myself zoom down the road, make the left, make a right, down the way, left on another street, then a right on another, up the stairs to my Black Belt Frankie. Once I visualized the spirit in the house, I said in my mind clearly and sternly "Frankie, call Mr. Trento." And I said this repeatedly. Twenty seconds later, my phone rings.

It's Frankie. He sensed something, checked his phone, and called me back. Coincide-ance! Gotta love them! He was able to meet me at the autobody shop where the tow truck would be able to take me and my other Black Belt. When the two truck arrived, tey wouldn't let Sadie in the truck with us, I was so upset, I had to leave her in the car. I thought Sadie would get mad at me, be upset being alone in the car, and I kept looing back the rear window to see how she was. She was having a friggin blast -____-. The last time I looked to see her, she was in the driver's seat with her paws on the steering wheel as if she was driving. She thought it was the coolest ride ever.

Finally my Black Belt's parent's were able to pick her up, and Frankie was able to bring me and Sadie back home. I was so grateful that when I asked for help, I was able to receive it. Spirit came through. My Black Belts came through. But I cannot shake off the feeling of being helpless. It was something I really disliked feeling and never want to feel again. but it is a lesson to remind me that we are not always in control of the circumstances we are dealt, but we control our responses to them, and HOPE is always present. Only then came one find the solutions!

Yours in service,
ANDREW TRENTO

1 comment:

  1. "...to get back home with Sadie..." I love the portent of that phrase... "home" ..."home"..."home"...:-)

    ReplyDelete